The Riverside Public Library is located on the banks of the Des Plaines River. Since the Library opened April 4, 1931, the Library has proudly served the people of the historic community of Riverside, Illinois. A 1986 addition increased the original 7,500 square foot building to the present 17,500 square foot size.
The Riverside Public Library maintains a varied collection for circulation and encourages its patrons to make use of this collection. Loan periods are established for the convenience of our patrons and allow a fair opportunity for the circulation of all material. From books, music and film to new streaming content, the Riverside Library continues to provide educational and entertainment resources for patrons of all ages to enjoy.