"In Recognition of a Life"
On November 1, 2008, the Riverside Friends of the Library established a program to honor residents and patrons as they celebrate special life achievements, upon retirement of service to the community or as a permanent memorial upon their death. A book will be selected to recognize the following:
- Riverside library card holder and/or Friend of the Library member upon notification of their death.
- Retirements from the Library Board of Trustees, library employees, Friends of the Library officers, Village of Riverside Board of Trustees, Village of Riverside management officials or Riverside Township officials.
- Monumental birthdays (100 years and over).
- Wedding anniversaries (50 years and over).
- Businesses and Organizations celebrating significant anniversaries.
- Prominent residents of Riverside moving out of town.
A bookplate will be affixed to the donated book which identifies the reason for the donation, and a letter will be sent to the appropriate person/people involved. A list of annual recognitions will be published in the Library Newsletter, as well as on our website, on the Friends of the Library page. For more information about the program or to request a "Recognition of a Life" donation, please contact the Library Director, Janice Foley, at (708)442-6366.